Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Grandma's Garden.

My grandma has a beautiful small garden. The garden is in the front of the house. She puts several flower pots there. At the right hand side there are five pots of roses. She has different kind of roses. One pot is red roses with small buds; one is also red, but the flowers are bigger; and the three ones left are roses with a light orange color. They’re all odorous. Besides those pots are some herb pots. These herbs are short and lushly green. My grandma uses them to treat some small injuries like bruises, pains, and bleeding. At the left hand side, there are pomegranate, jasmine, and dahlia. Pomegranate is the tallest and the oldest tree in the garden. It rarely blooms, but its flowers are beautiful. Jasmine has flowers all the time. Its flowers are white and odorous. I like jasmine best. My grandma loves flowers. Everyday she goes out the garden to see and water them. She goes around the pots to examine the roots and the earth. She fertilizes the earth and exterminates insects frequently. Under my grandma’s hands, the flowers grow more and more beautiful. They bring fresh air and comfortable feelings to our house. That’s why I love my grandma’s garden.

No comments: