Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Valentine's Day.

February 14 is Valentine’s Day. On that day, all the stores near my house were crowded. The store had a lot of gift items: flowers, stuffed bears… Many people bought gifts. This is the best time in the year for people to show their love to lovers, friends, even families. As my sister told me, a group of girls in her class gave gifts and cards to each other. My sister also got one candy and a small cute Valentine’s card. In Japanese comics, Valentine’s Day is the funniest, the most interesting day of the year. Teenagers buy and give gifts to their lovers. Usually the girls make chocolates for the boys they like. One boy probably has more than one girl give him chocolate. The boy is supported to take all the chocolates. If he didn’t like the girl, he would give back her chocolate the day after. That’s an interesting fact about Japanese’s culture. I don’t know what Americans do on Valentine’s Day. But I really like to have gift on such a special occasion.

No comments: